One thing we hate about NYE is how dorky you look in the party hats. But we love love love what Kira from Her New Leaf has done with the hats. We’d totally rock these on New Years Eve 2012:
I ran across this post on StumbleUpon yesterday evening and I found it enlightening.. Not only was it filled with 45 magical mantra’s, but something about it being written by an elderly person who has lived most of their life put it in perspective. Too often we are caught up in the day to day headaches, mundane activities, and short-sighted obstacles.
Here are the 45 life lessons:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d
grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Original article/post here.
Follow us on Twitter here
Like us on Facebook here
That’s RIGHT! It’s Emerald Green, PANTONE® 17-5641 Emerald, to be EXACT!
(Read more on Pantone’s official site!)
We’re in LOVE with this fun, sparkly, and stand out color. Next year will be filled with this plush color from fashion to cosmetics to design to weddings, watch out for this amazing hue!
“The most abundant hue in nature, the human eye sees more green than any other colour in the spectrum,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Colour Institute.
Want to sport the color of the year on your iPhone case? Pick it up at Bloomingdales or Urban Outfitters!
Here are some more amazing ways to incorporate Emerald into your upcoming new year via BurnettsBoards!
We predicted Jade as the trendy fall color we can’t live without, and are THRILLED for this emerald hue to be highlighted in 2013!
Follow us on twitter here
Like us on facebook here
Tissssssss’ the season to be trendy FA LA LA LA LAA LAAAA LA LA LAAAA
Joy to the world, and to our lovely readers! We know you all are bustling around to complete your Christmas shopping lists and errands! In the midst of this busy season is a few Christmas, Hanukkah (here’s looking at you Maricel), and other Holiday parties! Here’s a snippet of one of my favorite current outfits and looks!
As you all know, I’m OBSESSED with lace! My current obsession is tights, tights, TIGHTS. I’m pretty tall (5’9) to be exact, and wearing tights allows me to wear my miniskirts with ease and class throughout winter!
I absolutely adore the contrast of bright tights and neutral tops – but as always, my number one rule is have fun with what you’re wearing! Be comfortable, and be you!
My Cranberry Tights/Leggings: H&M (abso-flippin-lutely going back for the dark green tights)
My Sparkly Gold Flats: Steve Madden
Cheers to finding your perfect holiday outfit party!
Follow us on twitter here
Like us on facebook here
So ladies, here’s the deal: We know one of your guilty pleasures, and we’re not going to judge you for it. Why? Because we suffer from it ourselves: SHOE SHOPPING RULES. Shopping for heels specifically is one of our favorite past times, and when we changed upon this little guide it peaked our interest. Check out this nifty guide before your next shoe shopping spree:
Illustration by Michelle Ricks
Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the previous post that some of you might have seen. Our blog account was hacked and a spam post was published without our knowledge. The problem has been fixed! Thank you for your patience and again, we’re very sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.❤
I’m so excited to share my Martha Stewart moment with you guys. My Halloween costume for this year was a total DIY experiment and it turned out great! Dressing up as a loofah was not only super fun, it was also ridiculously comfortable! We were stopped multiple times and asked to pose for photos, and obviously we happily obliged (helloooo 5 minutes of fame!)
Since a bunch of friends asked, I am going to share how I created the Loofah/bath puff/bath sponge (wtv you call it!) costume. Don’t be afraid of the instructions, it took me 30 minutes to make the entire thing!
MATERIALS YOU NEED:
I got all of the material at Joann Fabrics. I’m sure any fabric store in your area will carry these items.
- 25 yards of Matte Tulle (I went with the color cranberry)
- 1.5 yards of elastic (I got 3/4 inch width but you could go with 1/2 inch as well)
- 1.5 yard of braided rope
- American Apparel Tube Dress (I already owned this)
Start by cutting your 25 yards of tulle into 10 equal length pieces. That means each piece will be 2.5 yards in length. 1 Yard is 3 feet so each individual piece will be 7.5 feet long. (FYI The tulle should come folded in half already, DO NOT unfold it.)
Take each 2.5 yard piece and fold it into half, then another half. Each piece will now be 0.625 yards in length.
Take the elastic and cut 1 piece out to fit your waist and another piece out to fit you right below your bust line. Measure these pieces, cut them out and then just tie a tight knot at the end of each piece.
Cut out 10 small pieces of the elastic about 5 inches each. You’ll be using these to hold the tulle together that you created in Step 2 and to tie it to the larger elastic you created in Step 3. Sounds confusing? Keep reading.
Now take 1 piece of the 5 inch elastic you created in Step 4 and tie it in the center of one of the tulle pieces you folded in Step 2. Do this with all 10 pieces of tulle and elastic.
It will look like this:
Take the 5 of the 10 pieces you created in Step 5 and tie them to one of the elastic bands you created in Step 3. Do the same with the other 5 pieces of tulle and the other elastic band.
Once you tie up the 10 tulle pieces to the 2 elastic band, you’ll end up with 2 tulle skirts. They look like this:
Take the braided rope you purchased and tie it to the top tulle skirt’s elastic. That will be loofah’s hanging rope.
Anddddd you’re done!!!
PUTTING THE COSTUME ON:
Now all you have to do is put on your American Apparel dress (you can wear shorts and a tube top instead) and place the 2 “tulle skirts” you made on your waist and below your bust line. Now when you put it on, it’s not going to look right because it will have a bunch of gaps in it. Don’t worry, cut up some of the folded edges of the tulle piece to make them puffier. The tulle will also be very flat when you put it on for the first time but make sure to crumple it up with your hands to make it even puffier. I also ended up taking some of the tulle from the tulle skirt on the top and sticking it in my dress so everything stays in place. And it did!
If you want more pictures and directions, you should check out Razmataz where I figured out how to make this costume. The directions were a bit confusing then, but they have been updated since.
I wore ballet flats instead of heels and it was the most comfortable Halloween costume I’ve ever worn!
Follow us on twitter here
Like us on facebook here
Aright ladies.. We’ve all heard “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. This age old saying is exactly that – age old, before TV and NFL prime network, age old. Nowadays, the average guy will be spotted watching Football and chanting for his favorite team (Niners faithful, we are btw!) Here’s your chance to get to his stomach.. How, you ask?! Easy, we’re going to share some secrets to be THE WO-MAN by whipping up these cute little football-tailgating-cutesy-pie snacks! (Sorry in advance for making you drool..)
Okay, we have a secret. Our fashion spidey senses just noticed that JADE (mixed with navy compliments) is poised to be a hot color for the fall/winter seasons. We want to make sure you nab some goodies with this color and throw ’em in your closet ASAP!
That beautiful image was the splash page of Tory Burch’s fall collection featuring Jade galore! Jewel tones tend to dominate every fall as normal every fall season – and Jade is here to stay. Tory calls this color Malachite and she’s positive that this in combination with navy and other jewel tones will be a true treasure this upcoming fall!
Here are some amazing finds from Tory’s fall arrivals:
Saffiano Double Wrap Bracelet $95
If you need anymore star power convincing, just check out Lauren Conrad in her Tracy Reese Jade dress at NYFW!
Ready to go shopping? Yes, so are we!